Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Two Months in Uluru NT

Hiya all,

Well we have now been in Yulara NT for two months and where has the time gone - we are working a lot but have still managed to have Lauren and Nik for a visit and Tracey and Andrew here for a week as well.

Next visitor will be Jo and John - looking forward to their visit and hope they enjoy this magical place.

Of course you are all welcome to come visit and take in this amazing place.......

Well it is starting to warm up - all of a sudden - this week is in the 30's but not so bad at work - its amazing its heaps cooler outside the van is like an oven!

I have had my first experience with a snake (a dead one).  It was in the carpark at work a little 5 ring brown snake (very rare), now even rarer.....It had a bad headache! Chez picked it up and put it in a bucket and took it to the park rangers office. BRAVE WOMAN!!!!
It was funny on the weekend - Tone and I were on our own on the arvo shift and this Indian family came in to get a well desserved ice cream and there was screams and oohs and not me...
It was a mouse a bit splattered on the floor in front of the cafe counter - NOT A GOOD LOOK AYE!!!
Tone had to do the scrape up and mopping up, then I was over serving at the souvenir counter and I look down and its mate was dead right under my feet.  I had to continue serving the customer with "that" thing under my feet....Oh well I better get tuff being out here in the outback aye!

We have our austar on now so when it is hot we can veg in the van and catch a movie - that will be nice.....

Not much other news this week - only I have a cold back again and have been to the doctor to get drugs as I don't want it to get to my chest again and head down the pnuemonia track again.....

Tone and I are negotiating with work and will be having Mondays and Tuesdays off as weekend which suits us as we find the 6 days straight is quite tiring as we both run all day, which we like but we need also to recoup to take on another week.

SSSSHHHHH.................
I am showing you some pics of our work place but don't tell anyone...............
Love and miss you all

Enjoy the pics

Love

Souvenir Shop

Tone standing at counter - souvenir to left - cafe to right....


Upstairs dining area with view of uluru - will be for sunset dining soooooooonnnn....

Brekky servery area

Looking down at souvenir shop from store room

The Kitchen where the gals and wilson prepare great food....

Back carpark 

The view from upstairs dining room.....
Carotone xo

No comments:

Post a Comment