Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Base Ride............

Hiya all,

We now have our working weeks sorted and that is a good thing - so our weekends will be Monday and Tuesday, very nice this week to have the two days off - although I had two days off crok with another bloody cold and COUGH!!!!

We were up sorta early on Monday and took the push bikes out to Uluru and rode around the base.  It was quite windy and most of it we were heading into the wind so a bit hard but certainly a lot quicker and easier than the 10km wall!!

Its funny though, you do not actually ride around a lot of the base, the track is a fair distance from it so I was a bit disappointed at that - but there are some sacred sites we have to avoid.  All in all it was another thing off the list to do while we are hare.  It is amazing all the same.

We are still settling in and getting the van, annexe and our area set up - we now have a triangle shade over the car and it can double as our outdoor entertaining area - very posh!
Tone and I were putting it up yesterday and a lizard got stuck in the chicken wire so he had to cut him out and the little buggar kept trying to bite him - no appreciation for being saved from certain death from the horrible minor birds!!!

There is this dog at work - he is so cute and now he gets all excited when any of us turn up for work - he is a real scardy though - living out at the community and not treated well, but on sunday when we were leaving he wanted to play and was running mad around the garden and then dunking his whole head in the bucket - not seen that before - he was wired for sound thats for sure.....He is called dog dog by us.

Today just chilling, I had a defurring and that felt good - TMI  I guess but its good not to be totally ferrell even if we do live in a van! (Trailer Trash).

Hoping all dads had a great day on sunday.

Oh well not much more news this week but off to "town" for a nice lunch in the sun..
How could I forget - to thank my friend Wendy from Shepparton who sent me my T Bags - I think I will be stocked for quite some time.  Mmmmmm

Love and miss you all

Carotone
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment